Decorex is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Sally Storey, Creative Director at John Cullen Lighting and one of the country’s leading lighting experts has designed countless luxurious spaces both in the UK and internationally. Every year she attends the exquisite lighting exhibitions at Decorex to draw inspirations for her upcoming individual and corporate projects from the new and coming trends.
This year, we asked Sally to tell us which lighting brands we should pay attention to during the show. Here are her top 8 which you should not miss in 2017:-
1. CTO Lighting on stand D31 offers a fine, jewellery-like LED fitting Liane, which I can picture making a beautiful statement in every sitting room.
2. Ochre London on stand E38 celebrates their 21 years this year. In order to honour their anniversary, they prepared something special for us. I highly recommend you checking out their Moonlight Murmuration Inslalation with its multiple flighty glass droplets.
3. Curiosa & Curiosa on stand A35 design unique, hand-blown glass lighting. I am looking forward to seeing their Tiger Lily, inspired by far eastern and Asian influences on British culture.
4. Cox London does an alternative take on antique lighting. This year, they will showcase some sculptural pieces on stand B30. The Diamond Olive Chandelier is the one to look out for. For the British quality fans, it’s worth mentioning that each element was hand made in London.
5. Bert - Frank on stand F34 and their Revolve Wall Light. It is a perfect combination of a stylish design - which will definitely make a statement in every reading room - and functionality. The 90 degree rotating feature makes it not only nice-looking but also fully practical.
6. Serip on stand J41 are inspired for their creations with nature, bringing a lot of attention to details. I will personally look out for their Waterfall Collection, which would complement every staircase.
7. Brand van Egmond on stand D23 are well known for their lighting sculptures. Their brass Shiro chandelier will unquestionably make a great conversation starter.
8. If you are looking for some antique French inspirations, make sure to visit Tisserant Art & Style on stand C37A. Their Shapai lamp is a sophisticated and unique take on ever-so popular ring lights.
Book your ticket to Decorex to see Sally Storey join the panel discussion 'Making a lasting impression with design' on Sunday 17th September at 11am.